A good friend of mine and I were discussing yesterday how when you do good works, they are their own rewards, and then today another blogger nominated me for the Liebster Award, and I immediately thought “fuck that, I am loving this recognition!”
Just kidding, but for real, it is incredibly thoughtful and kind for anyone to reach out and do something like this, and I’m really touched. I didn’t know awards were a thing in the blogging community, but they seem like a really great way to connect us a bit more and to get us access to blogs we would have otherwise sadly missed!
So, first, a huge shout out to T. Shaw for this nomination. She is also doing Blogmas and her blog has some lovely poetry and I’m jealous of her basil plants!
So the rules for the Liebster Award:
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination
- Give these blogs 11 questions to answer.
I don’t know why 11, but it’s a nice number, so let’s go with it. Here are T. Shaw’s questions to the blogs she nominated and my answers:
What inspired you to start blogging?
I started “blogging,” if you can call it that, on MySpace a great many years ago. It was EXACTLY what you would imagine, so we don’t need to go there, but ultimately my inspiration was the desire to just…talk. I used to be very quiet and shy, and I had a lot building up inside of me, and I wanted to get it out. I knew I never could verbally, and most of my life I haven’t had people who really wanted to listen or people I wanted to burden with that, but I thought maybe one person somewhere out on the world wide web might, on their own time, lend an ear (or a set of eyes). So here we are!
What is your blog’s purpose?
My current blog is basically a big ole brand. Yeah, it might not seem exactly like that, but I’m hoping to someday have a book or two for sale, and this blog will serve as a homebase for that #honesty #selfpromotion #ijustwantpeopletolikemeandreadmydragonstories
What are your goals for 2018?
I just did a post on this!
What was the most memorable moment/event that happened this year in 2017?
We found and adopted Rutherford this year and almost immediately after evacuated for Hurricane Irma. That was a trying time, but it helped Husband and I grow as a couple a realize what’s really important to us.
What is your favorite comfort food?
All of it. Seriously. I have a binge eating problem. It’s under better control now than it’s ever been, but on the whole it’s not individual foods I like, it’s just the act of consuming. It’s fucked up, and I acknowledge that I’m sick and need help. I mean…pizza!
Which actor/actress would play you if your life was a movie? And why?
Not based on looks, but I’d like to think an Ellie Kemper or Emma Stone would be a good choice for me. Ellie because my life is not really leading lady material (I say on my blog dedicated to me) and while I think Ellie could carry a film, she makes a great sidekick and character actress and that’s kind of me. She also comes off as impossibly optimistic, but with a bit of a dark/fucked up side which is kinda true to me. Emma would be able to fully pull off my more masculine qualities, but she’d be playing a me written to be less self-conscious and less fuck-giving which is like fantasy me!
Do you have a Christmas wish? If so, what?
Yes, but you can’t tell what you wish for, right? Then they won’t come true? Let’s just say I’m wishing for happiness.
Do you have any pets?
What is your favorite season?
Fall because Halloween! And spooky things! And death! Okay, so not like that, but kinda! I like the part of the renewal cycle where we let things go, and that’s fall. Shedding leaves, calming down, reflecting and quieting our minds, steeling ourselves for what is to come. It’s just like how I love throwing things away!
What are you passionate about?
Writing, animals, fiber, kindness, feminism.
What is something new you’d like to learn?
I’d really like to get more into nutrition and better understand how the body metabolizes foods and processes energy. I’ve been considering going back to school for a few things, including dietitian licensure.
11 Fact About Me:
- I’m 30, and I don’t feel like it at all.
- I’m a black belt in taekwondo but way out of practice.
- My hair is most often purple, but it has been brown, black, blonde, red, blue, orange, pink, aquamarine, magenta, and green. It’s also in dire straights right now, so it’s going to stay purple for a while.
- I love music and in a past or future life was/will be a musician. Well, technically I am still in a band that’s on hiatus, but our genius won’t be understood in this lifetime.
- I LOVE HARRY POTTER.
- Lately, my ovaries have really been fucking, like, tapping their feet and pointing to their watches.
- I was a Backstreet Boys fan.
- I first got my period when I was 10 years old which is young, but it wasn’t that traumatizing until I had to deal with it at school where I had to figure out how to dispose of used sanitary products when the bathrooms did not have those little trash cans in all the stalls because elementary school kids don’t get their periods, duh!
- I love horror movies, but I’m a huge baby and have nightmares forever after seeing them.
- I so badly want to be one of those totally zen yoga girls who are just chill and cool and bendy and loving. Someday.
- Husband is my best friend.
11 Questions/mini-topics for my nominated blogs:
- Why do you blog?
- Which Friend are you and do you agree? (Don’t worry, this one won’t tell you you’re Mike.)
- What film have you seen the most. Is it your favorite? If so or if not, why have you seen it so many times?
- Favorite book and why.
- Someone who has been influential on your life and why.
- When’s the last time you skipped? (either skipped out on something or physically skipped like down a sidewalk)
- What holiday do you celebrate in winter, if one at all, and what does it mean to you?
- If you could retire tomorrow, what would you do?
- How’s your digestion?
- What’s your favorite mythological creature?
- What do you think is waiting for us after death?
If you’re really at a loss, you could just use those as blog topics for almost a fortnight. Damn!
I know not everyone will want to take part in this, and I will in no way be offended if you do not, so take this as an official “you’re off the hook!” Also, I don’t know anyone that well on here, so I apologize if this isn’t your cup of tea. I may not even notify the blogs below, just let the universe bring them across their names here, if they’re so inclined. And the nominees are…
And a little music while you peruse the above:
2 thoughts on “Blogmas: Recognition”
Your answers are hilarious! I love your kitties and it’s really cool that you have a black belt!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Ahhhhhh I totally forgot to answer your questions and just wrote random facts about me!! That’s ok another blog post and I will answer those questions in depth 🙂
I love your blog and I love your wit and humour! I eagerly await your posts!! I nominated you before I realised that you had nominated me! haha
I’ll leave my link here anyways just in case you feel like having a read or answering the questions in another post that I left for my nominees 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person